If you are looking for the best knife for cutting raw meat, you are on the right page.
The best meat knives will help you in creating natural cuts in the meat. All kinds of meat, such as Turkey, Roast, Ham, Brisket, Salamon, and Pork, can be easily cut once you get the right knife.
Meat knives come in different forms and shapes. It is because of the differences that purchasing a meat knife is often very tricky.
The question here is, how will you make the right decision about the knife that you want to buy for your meat cutting. This blog is going to make the whole process of checking out different types of knives for your meat a lot easier.
Best Knife: Victorinox Swiss Army Fibrox Slicing Knife
The Victorinox Swiss Army knife is considered as the top pick from the list. The long narrow razor is used to effortlessly slice food into pieces. The knife is beautifully balanced and has a non-slippery handle that helps in providing a firm grip.
If you would like to pick one up, then this knife from the Swiss company should be the right choice.
Budget-Friendly: Rada Cutlery Ham Slicer Knife
If you are looking for a budget-friendly knife for cutting raw meat, then pick this one. The blade comes with a generous length that is made from stainless steel. It feels comfortable to use this knife.
Top 10 Knives for Cutting Meat
Below, you will find the review of the knives for cutting raw meat. Each review will also highlight the pros and cons of the knives.
Utopia Kitchen 7 Inches Cleaver Knife
This knife is made from stainless steel and is often referred to as a butcher knife. This knife is used extensively in restaurants and home kitchens. Here are some of the features of this knife that you will find interesting:
- This knife has a heavy-duty cleaver, which is made of 100% stainless steel.
- It is 7 inches in size and is used to cut large pieces of meat seamlessly while taking care of the bone and cleaving at the same time.
- It has an ABS+ handle. The handle allows you to have an excellent grip on the knife. This makes the cutting hassle-free.
- This knife is designed so that it will make your job in the kitchen a lot easier by taking a lot less time.
- This knife is entirely safe to be used in a dishwasher.
- It makes the cutting process a lot easier.
- It is budget-friendly.
- It is effortless to balance this knife at the time of cutting.
- It is very sharp and sturdy and comes with an excellent grip.
- The quality of this knife is considered to be a little low
- Performing heavy-duty tasks can sometimes break the knife.
- Some users complained that the handle cracked while using the knife.
Santoku Knife – MAD Shark Pro Kitchen Knife
It is an 8-inch chef’s knife and is made of high quality German stainless steel. This knife comes with a high carbon handle that is ultra-sharp to use. This knife can be used in restaurants and at home.
- This knife comes with a hollow edge design and is oval in shape that does not stick to the food and helps in sliding the food much faster. This Santoku Knife is suitable for all kinds of slicing, mincing, and dicing of the food.
- It is made of high-quality premium steel. This knife is made of cutting edge technology with a unique design which enables the chef to cut food in the sleekest way possible. The knife is rust free and does not stain at all.
- The handle of the knife is made of a high polymer material that is secured correctly with the blade.
- The shaped edge of the knife enables the chefs to get the best, and the most intricate cuts quickly.
- The overall length of the knife along with the blade is 12.9 inches.
- This knife comes with an after-sale service that ensures the quality of the knife.
- It is a very sturdy knife and cuts the food nicely.
- The quality of the knife is excellent for the price range that it comes in.
- The knife is made of high-quality German steel.
- The handle is made of high polymers.
- This design of this knife is considered to be poor.
- The knife is not as sharp as expected.
Mercer Culinary M13914 Millennia Granton Edge Slicer
It is a 14-inch slicer that is used by chefs in the kitchen. This knife comes with a handle that is both durable and comfortable to handle. The handle comes with a texture that helps in providing the right grip to the chefs, taking care of safety at the same time. This makes the handle a perfect finger guard.
This knife can be hand washed without worrying about the quality of the steel. The knife has Japanese steel that keeps the knife sharp to use and provides a razor-sharp edge.
- The knife is quite sharp.
- It comes with a griped handle.
- It has an attractive price range.
- It can be used by professionals and at home.
- The sharpness of the knife does not stay intact.
- The knife can bend if you put a lot of pressure on it.
J.A. Henckels International 31161-201 Classic Chef’s Knife
It is an 8-inch knife that is black in color. The knife is made in Spain and has high-quality German stainless steel that does not rust. The entire construct of the knife offers durability and makes the cutting process look quite seamless. The satin blade helps you cut meat with delicate precision. The handle comes with a triple rivet design that helps in providing comfort and balance to the user of the knife.
The knife is considered to be dishwasher safe. The knife is suitable for multi-purpose tasks such as slicing, chopping, dicing, and mincing, etc. The quality of the steel is hot and takes care of the durability of the steel.
The knife comes with a lifetime of sharpness that can help people in chopping meat. It is also useful for cutting potatoes, dicing apples, slicing salmon effortlessly.
- The knife comes with a sharp edge.
- The knife is worth every penny that you pay for it.
- It is made of high-quality steel, which is sourced from Germany.
- The finish of the knife is not very good.
- The handle of the knife is considered to be a little small.
FANTECK Professional Damascus Chef KnifeError: Unknown Link Type
The steel of the knife has VG-10 Stainless Steel that helps you in slicing meat most smoothly. This is suitable for all kinds of purposes such as slicing, chopping, and mincing different types of food such as meat, fish, sushi, chicken, and vegetables.
The blade of the knife is made of 67 layers of stainless steel that provides exceptional durability and strength to the knife. This steel comes with the nitrogen cooling technique, which is considered to be one of the best characteristics of steel. The handle of the knife comes with an excellent grip, which is perfect to balance the knife while using it.
This knife is considered to be a perfect product for gifting and can be given to your family and friends on their birthdays etc. Apart from being the best product, the service that comes with this product is the best.
- The product comes with a knife blade.
- The blade has a v-shaped edge.
- The knife is balanced and durable.
- The handle of the device is originally designed.
- The packing of the knife is not that great.
- The balance of the knife is considered to be a little off.
- The edges go a little blunt after some time.
Sky Light Chef Kitchen Knife
This knife is known to be an all-rounder butcher knife that is used by chefs to cut their meat, fruit, and vegetables. The blade is made of German stainless steel. It is a multi-purpose knife and can be used to chop all kinds of food in your kitchen.
The right razor can help people in speeding up their work in their kitchen and helps them do it in a better way without taking much of a time. The knife of the blade is mirror polished, which makes the blade ultra-sharp and is used for slicing, chopping, etc. The blade of the knife is 8 inches in length that will perfectly chop your fruit, meat, and vegetables. The steel of the blade is made of stainless steel that enables a chef to cut food nicely and keeps the knife rust free. The edge of the knife needs to be sharpened, which makes it easy to clean and maintain its sharpness.
The design of the knife is so nice that it makes the transition from blade to handle provide an excellent balance. The knife comes with a one year warranty that will keep the service of this knife aligned. If you are not happy with the quality of the knife, 100% of the money is guaranteed back to you in 30 days.
- The knife is made of high-quality silver steel.
- The knife is high in quality and quite sharp.
- Best quality for the price range.
- Some people find the handle of the knife a little too big.
- It does not always cut the bone of the meat.
- The packaging of the knife is not that great.
Jerky Professional Meat Cutting Knife
A 10-inch knife with sharp steel that slices food like a pro. The blade of the knife is 10 inches long and is used to slice food nicely because of the presence of the dimpled blade. The handle of the device makes the knife quite durable. It is considered to be a life-changing tool and is dishwasher safe.
The work done by this knife is fast that speeds up the job in the kitchen. The knife works pretty well for all kinds of meat and is used to chop vegetables and fruits. This knife has now been approved by the Jerky Professionals.
- It is very sharp and comfortable
- The design of the knife is quite stylish
- The handle of the knife is considered to be quite pleasant.
- The knife rusts in some cases.
- This knife is considered to be a little dull.
Frieder Dick Butcher Cimeter Knife
It is a 10-inch knife and is made of high carbon stainless steel. This ensures the comfort of the chef. The blade of the knife is made in Germany and comes with a guarantee of a lifetime.
- It comes with an excellent handle that feels quite comfortable.
- The knife is quite sharp.
- The blade of the knife rusts in after using it for sometime
Victorinox Swiss Army Fibrox Slicing Knife
This knife is considered to be one of the least rusted knives that can be used by professionals as well as people at home. The knife comes with a round trip and has a handle, which is low friction and is used to cut meat properly.
The blade comes with a shape edged razor that is made of high carbon stainless steel. This knife is best suited to cut food into slices of different ways. The blade of the steel is quite sharp and hardly needs any kind of resharpening. The knife is an excellent choice for people who want to slice food materials ranging from soft to hard. The steel of the knife has minimal friction, which keeps the food from sticking to it.
The knife should be hand-washed, and it is recommended to hone the blade after every use or two.
- Best Quality Knife.
- Rust-free blades.
- The steel has minimum friction.
- The price is a little too high.
Rada Cutlery Slicer
It is the most budget-friendly knife available out there. The knife comes with a generous length blade and is perfect for chopping all kinds of food such as ham, roasts, and loin. The blade comes with high-quality stainless steel. The blade of the knife offers immense sharpness and can be used by people to cut their pieces precisely.
The handle is made of stainless steel resin and can also be washed in a dishwasher. It is, however, recommended to clean your cutlery by hand if you want to prevent any kind of damage to your knife.
The manufacturing company for this knife is Iowa that has been in the market since the ’50s. If you are considering chopping meat with a bark, you should go with a slightly heavier knife.
- It is affordable.
- It has a long steel blade.
- The handle of the knife is comfortable.
- If you want to cut your meat with bones, go for a more heavy knife.
Things that you need to keep in mind before buying a knife
Having a good piece of the knife helps you in completing your task just right by keeping your timeline in view and the time every job takes in the kitchen. A right pair of blades does not only save your effort but also your knife and time. Having a right knife by your side helps you in perfecting your pieces of the steak and works just like butter while using minimal effort at the same time.
You no longer have to worry if you have a large piece of meat that needs to be cut into small pieces. These knives will make the job a lot easier and will make you feel a lot natural about meat cutting.
The first question that may arise is why would you want good meat cutting Knife. A lot of people eat meat as their major source of protein, and that is why it is something that is cooked in your kitchen daily. Meat cooking and cutting the meat into pieces is considered to be an art by many people. The critical thing to remember here is that for the meat to cook nicely, it needs to be sliced so that they are served gracefully in perfect shapes. You should feel lucky, as there are many knives nowadays that you can choose from the list of other best knives that can help you in achieving this.
If you are planning to buy a knife for your meat, it is imperative to have clarity about what kind of meat are you gonna cut. A lot depends on whether the meat that needs to be cut into pieces is raw or cooked.
After knowing all of that, you must know the difference between slicing and carving a slice of meat and how you would be able to do that with your knife. The section below will help you in determining the difference between Carving and Slicing.
Slicing Vs. Carving Meat Knives
A slicing knife will help you cut your meat into finer pieces and is ideal for people who want to slice their pork, beef, meat, etc. The sliced meat is longer in length and narrower in comparison to the carved meat. For slicing your meat, the blades that you can look for are rounded tips with a straight blade. This type of blade is also used to chop vegetables and fruits. The pointed tip helps in cleaving the meat.
Carving Knives, on the other hand, is when you cut your meat like ham, roast, etc. The carved pieces are wider and shorter in comparison to the sliced meat. The blades that you should look for here are narrow and long blades with a shaper tip. A turkey on thanksgiving is carved and can be done quickly with the knife of this nature. The length of the knife can vary from 6 to 12 inches.
Read my review of the Best Kamikoto Knives.
What all are you looking for in a meat cutting knife?
The two crucial things that you should consider before buying a meat knife is its sharpness and thinness. If the blade of the knife is too thick that you won’t be able to cut your meat correctly.
One more thing to consider about the blade is its flexibility. The blade should be flexible enough so that you can follow the rib of the bone without getting stuck in the middle. The knife that you use for meat cutting should feel comfortable in the hand even if you are using it for some time.
The size of the knife should be as such that it fits perfectly in the size of the hand. The length of the blade needs to be considered carefully before looking for the meat cutting knife. The minimum length of a meat cutting knife should be 9 inches, and if you are looking for slicing, you should go with a 10-inch knife. Anything less than this would be considered to be too short.
If you have all kinds of knives in your kitchen, a meat knife will complete your set for you. This knife will ease your job in the kitchen while ensuring quality at the same time.
It can be complex to cut your meat, and it is vital to know the ways of how to cut your meat. Learn different ways to cut your meat, which will then help you in making a decision about the kind of knife that you want to purchase for meat cutting.
The knives, as mentioned above, are shortlisted to be the top 10 meat cutting knives available out there in the market with the set of pros and cons. All these knives are affordable and offer top-notch quality. The best pick among the list would be the Victorinox. This is a 12-inch long knife, an ideal sized knife that is beautifully designed to offer meat lovers that wand that they have been looking for.
If you are more concerned about the budget, go for Rada Cutlery’s Knife, which offers premium quality at a much lesser price.